White House

‘Keep that sacred:’ Disgusted Kelly berates congresswoman, defends Trump in Green Beret’s death

Some Democrats and their liberal media allies are referring to the deaths of four U.S. Green Berets in Niger as “Trump’s Benghazi” and questioning the need for troops there, ignoring that it was President Barack Obama’s decision in 2013 to deploy more military forces to northwest Africa. The soldiers killed in an ambush by Islamist extremists on Oct. 4 were part of a U.S. contingent in Niger, where Mr. Obama initially deployed 100 soldiers in February 2013 to conduct drone surveillance and to help French troops train and advise local forces in the fight against terrorists groups such as Boko Haram and Islamic State in Greater Sahara. The partisan fallout over the deaths prompted White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, a retired Marine general whose son was killed in Afghanistan, to deliver a blistering rebuke of Democratic Rep. Frederica S. Wilson of Florida on Thursday, saying he was “stunned and heartbroken” that the “selfish” lawmaker went on TV to politicize Mr. Trump’s phone call of condolences to the widow of one of the slain soldiers. “It stuns me that a member of Congress listened in to that conversation,” Mr. Kelly told reporters. “I thought at least that was sacred.” Ms. Wilson said she and the family of Sgt. La David Johnson were horrified that Mr. Trump told the widow her dead husband “knew what he was getting into.” Mr. Kelly, struggling at times to control his fury at the White House press briefing podium, recounted the advice he gave to Mr. Trump when the president asked him how to make the difficult phone calls to families of the fallen. He told the story of how Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., now chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, delivered the news to Mr. Kelly in 2010 that his Marine son, Robert, had been killed when he stepped on a landmine on patrol in Afghanistan. He said Gen. Dunford told him at the time that his son “was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed.” “He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent,” Mr. Kelly said, recalling his friend’s words about volunteering to serve. “He knew what the possibilities were. When he died, he was surrounded by the best men on this Earth — his friends.” Mr. Kelly explained, “That’s what the president tried to say to four families the other day.” “In his way, [Mr. Trump] tried to express that opinion, that [the fallen soldier] is a brave man, a fallen hero, who knew what he was getting into because he enlisted, and he was exactly where he wanted to be,” Mr. Kelly said. “That was the message that was transmitted.” The chief of staff said he was so angered by Ms. Wilson’s criticisms of the president on Wednesday that he visited Arlington National Cemetery, where his son and many of his other brothers in arms are buried. “When I listened to this woman and what she was saying, what she was doing on TV, the only thing I could do to collect my thoughts was to go to walk among the finest men and women on this Earth,” Mr. Kelly said. “I went over there for an hour and a half, walked among the stones, some of whom I put there, because they were doing what I told them to do when they were killed.” He issued a public plea on Thursday not to let an “empty barrel” such as Ms. Wilson erode the sanctity of a soldier making the ultimate sacrifice.

Agreed!!  Rep. Frederica S, Wilson (D-FL) is a nauseating, self-righteous, arrogant, worthless piece of garbage.  She is what is wrong with politics in this country.  Her and her silly hats, Botox, and the tons and tons of makeup on her face only add to the caricature that she is.  Someone needs to slap that disrespectful, grandstanding, lying blow-hard.  If you’ve not seen the video of Gen. Kelly talking to the press, then click on the text immediately below.  You really need to see this.

Video: White House Chief of Staff, Gen Kelly, Schools the Press

Click here to watch a video of today’s impromtu appearance at the White House press briefing room by White House Chief of Staff, Gen John Kelly responding to the recent media storm over what President Trump may or may not have said to the widow of one of the four U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers killed in Niger earlier this month. As the father (a “Gold Star” father) of a Marine who was killed in Afghanistan in 2010, Gen Kelly shares his persepctive. He was also present when Pres. Trump called the widow.

If you’ve not seen this video, you need to watch this.  Gen. Kelly schools the liberal mainstream media, and his message needs to be heard by all Americans.  He is a true American patriot, and “the real deal.”  Thanks General for your service, and your personal sacrifice.

Trump declares Obamacare payments illegal; deals second blow to health law

The Trump administration announced late Thursday that it has concluded it can no longer legally make critical Obamacare “cost-sharing” payments and will cut them off, dealing another blow to the struggling 2010 health law. The payments had specifically been denied by Congress but President Obama had made them anyway, drawing a rebuke from a court who said he was overstepping his powers. The case has raged for months, and both the Obama and Trump administrations had continued making payments — until now. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, in a statement, said the Justice Department has concluded the judge’s ruling is correct, and there is no valid legal ability to make the payments. “The bailout of insurance companies through these unlawful payments is yet another example of how the previous administration abused taxpayer dollars and skirted the law to prop up a broken system,” Mrs. Sanders said. “Congress needs to repeal and replace the disastrous Obamacare law and provide real relief to the American people.” The White House statement doesn’t explicitly say Mr. Trump won’t make the payments anymore, but a Justice Department statement said the agencies responsible for them “have decided not to spend money to fund those payments.” The cost-sharing payments go to insurance companies to pay for reimbursements for low-income customers’ out-of-pocket costs. Without the payments, insurers have said they would jack up premiums, which would further upend the already shaky economic underpinning the Affordable Care Act. The move comes just hours after Mr. Trump signed an executive order pushing his administration to allow association health plans, which would allow individuals and small businesses to join up and purchase insurance on the group market across state lines.

This was exactly the right, constitutionally sound, move on the part of the Trump White House.  Obama had illegally raided the U.S. Treasury, and got slapped down by a federal court which found his actions unconstitutional, and actually a violation of ObamaCare itself!  So, Pres. Trump was exactly right for doing this, and sending it back to Congress, which is how it’s supposed to work.  Kudos to Pres. Trump for following the actual Constitution!  Imagine that..  To read the rest of this article, click on the text above.

Trump unveils new strict 70-point immigration enforcement plan

Determined to finally solve illegal immigration, the White House submitted a 70-point enforcement plan to Congress Sunday proposing the stiffest reforms ever offered by an administration — including a massive rewrite of the law in order to eliminate loopholes illegal immigrants have exploited to gain a foothold in the U.S. The plans, seen by The Washington Times, include President Trump’s calls for a border wall, more deportation agents, a crackdown on sanctuary cities and stricter limits to chain migration — all issues the White House says need to be part of any bill Congress passes to legalize illegal immigrant “Dreamers” currently protected by the Obama-era deportation amnesty known as DACA. But the plans break serious new ground on the legal front, giving federal agents more leeway to deny illegal immigrants at the border, to arrest and hold them when they’re spotted in the interior, and to deport them more speedily. The goal, the White House said, is to ensure major changes to border security, interior enforcement and the legal immigration system. “Anything that is done addressing the status of DACA recipients needs to include these three reforms and solve these three problems,” a senior White House official told The Times. “If you don’t solve these problems then you’re not going to have a secure border, you’re not going to have a lawful immigration system and you’re not going to be able to protect American workers.” All told, the list includes 27 different suggestions on border security, 39 improvements to interior enforcement and four major changes to the legal immigration system. The White House said the list was built from the ground up, with input from the Justice, State and Labor Departments and the three main immigration agencies at Homeland Security, each of whom was asked what tools they needed to finally get a handle on illegal immigration. Ideas poured in, ranging cracking down on sanctuary cities that shield illegal immigrants — a long-running battle — to new proposals, such as doling out assistance to other in the Western Hemisphere, enlisting them as partners in the effort to stop illegal immigrants heading north. The running theme of the list, though, is closing loopholes that illegal immigrants have exploited. Click here to read more.

This is all very welcome news!  As many of you know, here at The Daily Buzz we’ve been saying that securing our southern border needs to be our country’s #1 national security priority for well over  three years; long before Donald Trump decided to even run for the presidency.  So, we’re grateful to see this new White House making immigration enforcement more of a focus.  Of course, it is absolutely critical that we BUILD THE WALL NOW!!!…and put U.S. Army National Guard troops physically ON the border with Mexico!  Those troops would ensure that would-be crossers are unable to set one foot on U.S. soil.  After all, once they do, they immediately are entitled (and that;s the key, ugly, word) to all sorts of freebies that we-the-actual U.S. citizens end up paying for.  Then, those troops would remain on the border until that wall/fence is finally built above and below ground (to prevent tunneling)….however long it takes.  Simultaneously, we need to be deporting illegals already here by the hundreds of thousands (and yes, you read that correctly), paying particular attention to known gang members, criminal aliens, and those already determined by an immigration judge to be deported…regardless of age or gender.  And, that’s just for starters, folks.  To do anything less, is NOT in our country’s national security, or economic, interests.  We are over $20 TRILLION in debt.  Enough is enough!

Judge Nap: If There Was Evidence of Trump-Russia Collusion, We’d Have Heard It by Now

The Senate Intelligence Committee’s ranking members updated the public today about their probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said the investigation is continuing into whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians. “The committee continues to look into all evidence to see if there was any hint of collusion. The issue of collusion is still open,” he said. Judge Andrew Napolitano said today that the press conference was a positive for President Trump, since the evidence of collusion remains to be seen. “If there was evidence, we would know it,” said Napolitano, adding that “partisans,” like ranking Democrat Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), would have divulged the information by now. “They’d be flying a freak flag on that. Are you kidding me? It’d be leaking all over the place,” Harris Faulkner agreed. He predicted President Trump will tweet that the press conference shows there is no “there there” when it comes to the Russia investigation. The senior judicial analyst pointed out that special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation is focused on the collusion question and is “100 times broader” than the intelligence committee’s probe. Click here to watch more.

Huckabee Sanders: Obama Did Not Put America First — There Was a Lot of ‘Apologizing for Our Success’

Wednesday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the administration of President Barack Obama did not always put America first. When asked about Trump calling Kim Jong-un “rocket man,” Sanders said, “That’s a Trump original. He is a master at branding. One of the reasons I think you hit the nail on the head. This is a problem we have been dealing with for 20 years. Americans wanted somebody, a strong leader, somebody who wasn’t going to put up with it anymore. That’s one of the reasons I think Donald Trump won. They saw strength. They saw somebody who was not going to apologize for America. Was not going to apologize for America’s sovereignty and our success. They wanted somebody to stand up and be a fighter. They got that in Donald Trump. I think that was on full display yesterday in one of his stronger moments. It was a great reminder why people supported him and certainly why he is going to be very successful president.” She added, “Certainly I don’t think the previous administration was always putting America first. I think there was a lot of, as I said apologizing for our success. That’s not something that America wants. That’s not what our country was founded on. And certainly, I think you see that day in, day out by the support for this president.”

Senate confirms Trump’s solicitor general Noel Francisco

Senators on Tuesday approved Noel Francisco to be solicitor general, giving President Trump a new chief courtroom lawyer just ahead of a packed Supreme Court term. The Senate’s 50-47 vote split along party lines, with Democrats objecting to the skilled Mr. Francisco, whose biggest victory in private practice was defeating former President Barack Obama’s attempted power grab over presidential recess appointments. Now, Mr. Francisco finds himself in the position of defending Mr. Trump, who is fighting a long list of court battles over everything from immigration to environmental policy. “From amnesty cities to DACA to travel bans to transgender bans, the Trump Administration faces defining moments before the court. It needs a solicitor general at the helm that supports its policies and priorities,” said Jonathan Turley, law professor at George Washington University. He said the confirmation will also bring needed relief to Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who has been leading the Justice Department with “a truly skeleton staff.” Mr. Francisco will now be able to help shape courtroom strategy for the department. Carrie Severino, chief counsel at the conservative Judicial Crisis Network, said Mr. Francisco will have his first test in three weeks when the Supreme Court hears oral arguments on the travel ban case Oct. 10, since Mr. Francisco previously worked with the Justice Department on it. “It’s a case he’s already familiar with,” she said. “I think it’s likely he’s actually arguing it.”