Trump

Rod Blagojevich: ‘I’m A Trumpocrat’

Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich expressed his gratitude to President Donald Trump for commuting his 14-year prison sentence on Tuesday, declaring himself a “Trumpocrat.” “He’s got obviously a big fan in me, if you’re asking me what my party affiliation is, I’m a Trumpocrat,” Blagojevich said to reporters in the Denver airport after he was released. Blagojevich told reporters he was grateful to President Trump for commuting his prison sentence, allowing him to return to his home in Chicago. “I think it’s appropriate to express my deepest, most profound, and everlasting gratitude to President Trump,” Blagojevich said. “He didn’t have to do this,” he continued. “He’s a Republican president, I was Democratic governor and my fellow Democrats haven’t exactly been very nice to him.” Blagojevich is expected to host a press conference on Wednesday to further discuss his pardon and his future. “I’ll have more to say tomorrow. If you’re flying home with us, be sure to put your seat belts on,” he said. Blagojevich returned to his home in Chicago with a swarm of media and supporters to greet him. “There’s no place like home,” he said. Blagojevich said that he would use his freedom to fight for criminal justice reform, describing the system as racist and in need of reform. “It’s a criminal justice system that’s not only broken but it’s also racist and I saw how it affects people of color,” he said. Blagojevich added that he had grown closer to God while he was in prison. “I just believe that sometimes out of evil, good things can go happen,” he said.

Blago definitely owes Trump.  Trump really gets nothing out of this.  It’s not like Illinois is gonna give its electoral votes to Trump in November.

Chelsea Handler Humiliated for Falsely Suggesting Trump Only Exonerates White People

Comedian Chelsea Handler was hammered after she falsely suggested that President Donald Trump only exonerates or pardons white people. Handler got dragged on social media by commenters who pointed out that among the people President Trump chose this week for clemency are Angela Stanton-King, Tynice Nichole Hall, and Crystal Munoz — who are black and Native American. Two years ago, President Trump also granted clemency to Alice Johnson, who is black. President Trump enacted clemency actions on Tuesday for 11 individuals who served time for a range of crimes including drug-related offenses and white-collar fraud. Chelsea Handler, whose most recent Netflix project is a documentary about “white privilege,” appeared to attempted to paint President Trump as a racist by incorrectly implying in a tweet that he only exonerates white people. Angela Stanton-King, who served time for her role in a stolen vehicle ring, pointed out to Handler that she is black. Other Twitter commenters hammered Handler for her inaccurate comment, noting that President Trump’s clemency list was diverse in a way that reflects the racial make-up of the U.S. Of the 11 individuals who received a presidential pardon or commutation, at least three, or 27 percent, count as racial minorities. The racial minority population in the U.S. is estimated at around 23 percent, according to 2010 census figures. Since the passage of the First Step Act under President Trump, 96 percent of people who have been resentenced under the act’s retroactivity provision have been racial minorities, according to data provided by The Sentencing Project. Handler’s Netflix documentary on white privilege — Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea — debuted last year to largely negative reviews, with critics saying it amounts to a “misguided reckoning” and noting that she is actively “exploiting her wokeness” and “profiting off a film about her white privilege.”

Chelsea is a nauseating, self-serving, self-righteous, extreme liberal elitist stricken with Trump Derangement Syndrome.  And, with Netflix’s assistance, she’s peddling the standard “Trump is a racist” talking point, regardless of facts to the contrary.  She’s out saying that Trump only pardons white people.  That is factually false.  But, the facts don’t matter to her, or her followers.

NASCAR star Hailie Deegan poses with Trumps ahead of Daytona 500: ‘Goal complete’

Hailie Deegan, the 18-year-old driver deemed “NASCAR’s Next Big Superstar,” posed for a photo she’ll likely remember for the rest of her life, standing next to President Trump and first lady Melania Trump at the Daytona 500 on Sunday. Deegan and the Trumps were all smiles ahead of the race in Florida. The driver posted the photo to Twitter, adding, “Goal complete,” with a check mark. Earlier Sunday, she tweeted: “Today’s goal. Get my helmet signed by Trump.” That earlier tweet got the attention of Donald Trump Jr., who responded: “DM me… I may know someone.” Deegan proudly held her helmet as she posed for the photo. She was not slated to drive in Sunday’s race. Deegan made her stock car debut at Daytona earlier this month, finishing second to Michael Self in the ARCA Series season opener on Feb. 8. President Trump spoke ahead of the Daytona 500, calling it “the legendary display of roaring engines, soaring spirits and the American skill, speed and power that we’ve been hearing about for so many years.” He later gave the command, “Gentlemen, start your engines,” and rode for a lap in the presidential limo known as “The Beast” before the race got underway. When asked about her rising profile in NASCAR, Deegan said earlier this month: “I think there’s that aspect of being a girl that does help. But, once you get in the car, it don’t matter. No one knows. Most of the time I have the most aggressive-looking, guy-looking car on the track.”

What a great story!     🙂

President Trump’s armored limo, ‘The Beast’: What to know

Get your cameras ready. This is a car you may not have expected to see spinning around the Daytona International Speedway: President Trump’s official limo, dubbed “The Beast.” The 45th president, the first to be named grand marshal of the Daytona 500 by NASCAR, may mark the honor with a lap around the track before Sunday’s race, Fox News chief White House correspondent John Roberts reported on Friday. While the plan had yet to be finalized, here are five things you need to know about “The Beast” if the drive gets green-lighted. The presidential limousine was commissioned by the Secret Service in 2014 — when Barack Obama was still president, according to NBC. It wasn’t unveiled until September 2018, Fox News reported at the time. The previous model made its debut at Obama’s inauguration in 2009. The limo’s nickname “The Beast” is apt, given that it weighs something like 22,000 pounds, NBC reported. According to the website, the doors of “The Beast” are estimated to be eight inches thick, with five-inch windows. The car is also believed to be made with a mix of steel, aluminum and ceramic armors, NBC said. Since Ronald Reagan’s administration in the 1980s, presidential limos have been modeled after Cadillacs. Before that, the presidential vehicles were Lincoln limos, according to Business Insider. Even though “The Beast” is meant to look like an elongated Cadillac CT6, the armored vehicle is built on a truck chassis, or frame, in order to carry its extreme weight. GM was commissioned by the Secret Service to make about a dozen of the armored limos under a $15.8 million contract, Fox News reported when the first debuted. Though the Secret Service hasn’t revealed many details about the specs of the limo, Fox News previously reported that it’s believed to have its own oxygen supply — in case of a biological or chemical attack — as well as “protection against ballistics and explosives, built-in tear gas launchers and an emergency medical suite equipped with a supply of the president’s blood type.”

Donald Trump Smashes Incumbent President Primary Record in New Hampshire

President Trump didn’t have a serious challenger in the New Hampshire primary, but he still turned out enough voters to more than double former President Barack Obama’s 2012 vote total in the state, indicating that the Republican base is all-in on Trump as he prepares to face the eventual Democratic nominee in a reelection battle this November. With 87 percent of precincts reporting, Trump secured more than 120,000 votes in the Granite State. In 2012, Obama managed just 49,080 total votes in New Hampshire. The gap between the two presidents is likely to increase as more precincts report their totals Wednesday. It also dwarfs the total of other incumbent presidents: then-President George W. Bush received 53,962 votes in the largely-uncontested GOP primary in New Hampshire in 2004. And in 1996, incumbent President Bill Clinton received 76,797 votes in New Hampshire’s primary. It follows a coordinated effort by the Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign to drive up turnout for Trump in New Hampshire — something the other incumbents didn’t do. Trump himself revved up his supporters at a packed and fiery rally in Manchester, N.H., on Monday, the eve of the state’s primary. “Nine months from now, we are going to retake the House of Representatives, we are going to hold the Senate, and we are going to keep the White House,” Trump said to thunderous applause. “We have so much more enthusiasm, it’s not even close. They’re all fighting each other.” In the line to get into Trump’s Monday rally, many of his voters seemed to have a zeal uncommon for supporters of an incumbent president. Jay McDonald of North Providence, R.I., said he “100 percent” supported Trump four years ago and “nothing’s changed.” McDonald said he’s “maybe more angry that they could do that [impeachment] to a president and get away with it over nothing.” “Hopefully he picks up more voters – the independent people – over that,” McDonald said. Democrats largely owned the turnout in New Hampshire Tuesday — first and second place finishers Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg combined for almost 140,000 votes with 87 percent reporting — but the Democratic primary is still wide open and there was almost nothing at stake for Trump in the New Hampshire race. His only primary challenger on the ballot was former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, who had less than 10 percent of the GOP vote with 87 percent in. The throngs that showed up for Trump’s Monday rally at Southern New Hampshire University were more than the school’s venue could hold with its 11,000 capacity, and the president took the opportunity to tout his accomplishments and knock Democrats in front of the large audience. “To support working families, we have reduced the cost of child care, expanded paid leave, and given 40 million American families an average of $2,200 more in their pockets thanks to the Republican child tax credit,” Trump asserted. “We are the party of equal opportunity for all Americans. He added: “While the extreme left has been wasting America’s time with this vile hoax, we’ve been killing terrorists, creating jobs, raising wages, enacting fair trade deals, securing our borders, and lifting up citizens of every race, color, religion, and creed!” The Trump campaign also touted a record turnout for an incumbent in the Iowa caucuses, which came on the same night that Democratic turnout fell well below expectations.

And the Trump Train rolls on…     🙂

Trump’s DOI Moves to Open Federal Land in Utah for Energy Production, Recreation

President Donald Trump directed the Department of Interior to open up more federal lands for energy production and recreation, including in Utah where he downsized massive amounts of land put off limits by the Obama administration. The Department of Interior announced the finalized plan last week even as environmentalists challenge Trump’s 2017 proclamations to return the boundaries Bears Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante monuments to be consistent with the Antiquities Act of 1906. The plan allows for leasing land in Utah for the mining of coal and drilling for oil and gas and for recreation and tourism. “The approved plans keep the commitment of this Administration to the families and communities of Utah that know and love this land the best and will care for these resources for many generations to come,” Casey Hammond, acting assistant secretary, land and minerals management, said in the DOI announcement. “These cooperatively developed and locally driven plans restore a prosperous future to communities too often dismissed and punished by unilateral decisions of those that would not listen to the voices of Utahns.” “I appreciate the President’s and Secretary [David] Bernhardt’s collaborative approach to both the Grand Staircase-Escalante and the Bears Ears national monuments,” Utah Governor Gary Herbert said in the announcement. “As the Antiquities Act itself states, and as I have reiterated for years, monuments should be as small as possible to protect artifacts and cultural resources.” “And they should not be created over the objections of local communities,” Herbert said. “I’m happy to see the administration develop management plans that protect areas with sensitive artifacts and yet still provide a way to use these lands for recreation, grazing, and management practices that will keep the lands healthy.” “The outcomes are always better when the federal government works with local communities rather than presumes to know what is best for them,” Hebert said. “These management plans are the result of meaningful collaboration that was clearly lacking in the politically-motivated monument designations by past administrations,” Rep. Robert Bishop (R-UT) said in the announcement. “Well-funded special interest groups that aren’t from our state will spread outrageous misinformation, but the fact remains that this administration has continued to take actions that reflect the will of Utahns who call these places home.” “When President Trump reduced the size of both Bear’s Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments, he did it with the full support of Utah’s federal delegation and the elected officials who represent those areas,” Rep. Chris Stewart (R-UT) said in the announcement. “By contrast, the Obama and Clinton administrations snubbed and ignored Utah’s local, state, and federal elected officials who objected to the creation of both monuments.”

Kudos to President Trump and his DOI for this way over-due common sense decision.  Both the Clinton and Obama administrations grossly abused the Antiquities Act to wall off huge swaths of public land; in effect exercising land grabs by the big brother federal government.  This restores much of that land back to the great state of Utah, and allows for energy exploration for our energy independence, and for recreation.  And, despite what the extreme enviro-wackos would have you believe, such activities CAN be done in an environmentally responsible manner.  Again, excellent decision!  For more, click on the text above.     🙂

Buttigieg Campaign Boasts Crowd of over 1,000 Before Monster Trump Rally

Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg drew over a thousand voters to a campaign rally in New Hampshire on Sunday, prompting campaign boasts the momentum was on their side. The campaign announced 1,824 people were at their Buttigieg rally in Nashua, the largest for any Democrat candidate in New Hampshire in the primary cycle. The campaign claimed another 1,113 attended in Dover, 1,257 in Salem, and 914 in Londonderry. Other journalists marveled that there were lines of people waiting to get in the rally. But the number paled next to the number of people expected to appear for the Trump rally in Manchester, NH at the Southern New Hampshire University Arena. Trump supporters began camping out Sunday afternoon, over 24-hours prior to the president’s rally where some 11,000 people are expected. The record for the arena was set in August when 11,500 people showed up for a Trump rally in August, beating a record crowd of 11,400 for Elton John. “Hope the Fake News, which never discusses it, is talking about the big crowds forming for my New Hampshire Rally tonight,” President Trump wrote on Twitter. “They won’t!” This is the first campaign rally since President Trump was acquitted in the Senate impeachment trial. The rally on Monday is the night before the Democrat primary in New Hampshire on Tuesday, where Sen. Bernie Sanders has the lead, and former Mayor Pete Buttigieg hopes to continue fueling his momentum sparked in Iowa.

HAHAHA!!!  So, Mayor Pete’s campaign is boasting his 1,000 person rally and how big it is….and then Trump goes to NH just to troll the Dems, and people wait over 24 hrs to get in where the numbers Trump gets (over 11,000) beat a record held by an Elton John concert!   You can’t make this stuff up, folks.     🙂