MINNEAPOLIS

Security for Minneapolis Council members who called to defund police totaled $152G

The taxpayers of Minneapolis will foot a $152,000 bill for security services given to three members of the City Council who received death threats following their calls to defund the police in the wake of George Floyd’s death. According to an investigative report by the local Fox 9 news outlet, the three council members, Andrea Jenkins (Ward 8), Phillipe Cunningham (Ward 4), and Alondra Cano (Ward 9), were granted a security detail shortly after Memorial Day, which cost the city about $4,500 a day and ended on June 29. Two security firms Aegis and BelCom were reportedly hired because police officials were overwhelmed with security needs following George Floyd’s death in police custody and the demonstrations that ensued for weeks after. “This security service was intended to be temporary and bridge to other security measures implemented by council members themselves,” a City spokesperson said. The City Council does not need to approve any expenses unless they exceed $175,000. The costs were therefore approved by City Coordinator Mark Ruff. “The contracts are within existing department budget limits,” the spokesperson said. “The contracts will not impact future tax rates,” they added. The Mayor’s office could not be reached for comment, but a spokesperson for the City said that the cost of the security detail a day, was roughly the same for the taxpayer as Minneapolis Police Department services. The threats on the council members’ lives were reportedly made after all three members were outspoken about defunding the police. The largely White police force has had a difficult time in gaining the public’s trust, and a proposal to defund the police and replace the force with “a department of community safety and violence prevention” is being reviewed. A public hearing has been scheduled for Wednesday for members of the community to ask questions or voice their concerns. According to a Fox 9 news report from earlier this week, 150 Minneapolis police officers are seeking disability for post-traumatic stress following the George Floyd protests. A total of 25 police officers have quit since the demonstrations and an additional 25 have sought extended leave.

This is so rich..  These idiot Minneapolis council members had personal security AFTER they pandered to the defund police mob.  They probably don’t realize the breathtaking hypocrisy of that.  But, hey..  They’re liberal Dems.  So, I’m repeating myself.  As for that comment about the mostly white police force there..  Yeah?  And?  Therefore what?  The Chief is black.  And, he’s a standup, good guy trying to do the right thing in his city, in spite of the idiocy and lack of support from those fools on the city council.

Trump campaign staffers donate to help Minneapolis firefighter rebuild bar destroyed by rioters

Minneapolis firefighter Korboi “KB” Balla’s dream to open a sports bar was almost extinguished. But thanks to a GoFundMe page that exploded with contributions – and an assist from members of President Trump’s re-election campaign — Balla’s dream may still come true. At least two dozen staff members from the campaign — including campaign manager Brad Parscale — have also sent donations. Balla’s initial open date in March had to be pushed back because of the coronavirus pandemic. He was ready to finally open his doors in June, but that plan came to a crashing halt when rioters destroyed his business last week. The riots followed protests sparked by the death George Floyd, a black man who died a week ago after a white Minneapolis police officer put his knee on the handcuffed Floyd’s neck for 8 minutes. “I don’t know what I’m going to do,” a teary-eyed Balla said in a CBS report. Balla said he invested his life savings into opening the bar, which looters infiltrated as cameras were rolling. “We’ve been working so hard for this place. This is not just for me. This is for my family,” Balla said on the video. But nearly $1 million from nearly 9,500 contributions has been raised since a GoFundMe page was set up on Thursday for Balla. Parscale, Trump’s campaign manager, took to Twitter to write “Feel bad for Korboi Balla. This country is about making your dreams come true. Before he could open his bar, rioters destroyed it. I just donated to his GoFundMe page. Korboi, hope you make an even better sports bar!” Balla, on his GoFundMe page, wrote on Monday: “This has been such an eye opening experience. The world has pour(e)d into me and my family to support our business.” The move by the Trump campaign staffers comes after at least 13 members of former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign staff made donations to a group that helps Minneapolis protesters get out of jail on bail, according to a Reuters report. The staffers posted on Twitter that they contributed money to a group called the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which opposes the practice of making people who are arrested pay money to avoid pre-trial imprisonment, Reuters reported. The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee opposes cash bail, comparing it to a “modern day debtors’ prison.”

What a stark comparison…  On the one hand (Joe Biden’s), you have staffers who spent their money bailing out thugs and punks who did all of this rioting.  And then on the OTHER hand (Trump’s), you have staffers contributing to this GoFundMe page to support this poor firefighter who lost his bar because of those same thugs and punks.  If you want to support KB, click on the text above, and it’ll take you to that GoFundMe page.  Hang in their KB, and keep the faith!!

Sources say second American killed fighting with ISIS in Syria identified as Abdirahmaan Muhumed

Sources say second American killed fighting with ISIS in Syria identified as Abdirahmaan Muhumed

Seems to be a pattern here..  The FBI should look into this particular Somali-American community in the Twin Cities.  And, the feds need to do a better of screening those from that part of the world (i.e. Africa and the Middle East) before allowing them into America.