Fox News

Bill O’Reilly spars with Matt Lauer over Fox News ouster: ‘Don’t be sarcastic’

Sparks flew in NBC’s New York studios on Tuesday as author Bill O’Reilly arrived to talk about his new book and April ouster from Fox News Channel. “Today” show viewers who tuned in Tuesday morning witnessed the first major interview by Mr. O’Reilly since a spate of sexual harassment allegations ended his cable news domination. The former host of “The O’Reilly Factor” showed up ready to spar in a nearly 10-minute interview with host Matt Lauer. “You were probably the last guy in the world that they wanted to fire,” Mr. Lauer said of Mr. O’Reilly’s exit, which came after Fox reportedly spent $13 million settling harassment claims. The “Today” show host said it was it was inconceivable that network bosses would abandon their top ratings grabber “unless you have information that you think makes him —” “That’s not true,” Mr. O’Reilly countered. “Every allegation is a conviction [in the media],” Mr. O’Reilly said, while explaining why accusers received out-of-court settlements. “Did you ever have any human resources cases brought against you?” Mr. Lauer asked? “Not in 42 years,” Mr. O’Reilly replied. “Forty-two years I’ve been in this business. I’ve worked for 12 companies. Not one time did I have any interaction with [human resources] or have any complaints filed against me.” The two men then talked about sexual harassment claims made by a former Fox News clerical temp named Perquita Burgess. Mr. O’Reilly noted that she was charged with making a false police report in 2015. “She could have filed a false report in 2015 and still be telling the truth about you,” replied Mr. Lauer. “Look, anything is possible, all right? But it goes to credibility, doesn’t it? All right? If you look in totality, this was a hit job — a political and financial hit job.” “Is this a vast left-wing conspiracy?” asked the “Today” host. “No, ‘vast,’ and don’t be sarcastic. Don’t be sarcastic,” said the author. Mr. O’Reilly closed out the topic by saying his legal team would clear his name. “There are more things to come,” he said.

We have not doubt that’s true.  Stay tuned!

Former Fox News Chairman and CEO, Roger Ailes, Dead at 77

Fox News anchors only learned of the death of its former chairman and CEO from Drudge Report. Roger Ailes died aged 77, according to his wife Elizabeth, who released a statement to Matt Drudge. In a breaking news segment tweeted by the network on Thursday morning, Fox & Friends’ Steve Doocy reported: ‘Roger Ailes, one of the founders of the Fox News channel has died. ‘They have published, Drudge has, a statement from his wife Elizabeth.’ The statement was then read out before Ainsley Earhardt added: ‘Beth you are in our thoughts and our prayers, and so is Zachary, their beautiful son. Roger, rest in peace.’ His death comes less than a year after he resigned from the company over allegations of sexual harassment. His wife Elizabeth, with whom he has one son, said: ‘I am profoundly sad and heartbroken to report that my husband, Roger Ailes, passed away this morning. Roger was a loving husband to me, to his son Zachary, and a loyal friend to many. ‘He was also a patriot, profoundly grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise — and to give back. ‘During a career that stretched over more than five decades, his work in entertainment, in politics, and in news affected the lives of many millions. ‘And so even as we mourn his death, we celebrate his life,’ the statement reads. There was no further information on the cause of Ailes’ death. He celebrated his 77th birthday on Monday. Ailes had struggled with his health. He had hemophilia, multiple surgeries to replace his joints and a secret prostate surgery a few years ago that put him on an extended leave from the network, according to New York magazine reporter Gabriel Sherman. Last year, Sherman reported that Ailes was still having trouble walking and rarely left his executive suite. A friend who ran into Ailes in Palm Beach over the 2015-2016 holidays told the magazine that he was using a walker at the time. In an excerpt from the 2013 biography Roger Ailes Off Camera, Ailes said he knew he didn’t have long left to live. ‘My doctor told me that I’m old, fat, and ugly, but none of those things is going to kill me immediately,’ he told the author, Zev Chafets, shortly before his 72nd birthday. ‘The actuaries say I have six to eight years. The best tables give me 10. Three thousand days, more or less.’ He added: ‘I’d give anything for another 10 years.’

Unfortunately, it wasn’t meant to be.  I heard Rush’s wonderful tribute to Roger this afternoon on his radio show.  Our prayers are definitely with Beth and Zach.  R.I.P., Roger.

O’Reilly on Leaving Fox News: ‘This Was a Hit’ By the ‘Organized Left-Wing Cabal’

Friday on Glenn Beck’s radio program, former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly said the allegations of sexual harassment against him were the result of an organized “hit.” O’Reilly said, “This was a hit. In the weeks to come, we’re going to be able to explain some of it. It has to do with destroying voices that the far left and the organized left-wing cabal doesn’t like. That’s the general tone. I can’t get specific. There’s a lot of legality here.” He said soon he will expose, “this crew that goes in and terrorizes sponsors, that threatens people behind the scenes, that pays people to say things, we are going to name them, and it’s going to be a big big story.” He added “I’ll point you to an article that was very very seldom seen this week about nine corporations, big corporations that are now being targeted by organized left-wing groups funded by George Soros because they allegedly are profiting from President Trump’s immigration stance. You can Google the article. That gives you your roadmap.”

We very much look forward to hearing this story, when Bill is ready to share.

Fox News drops Bill O’Reilly in wake of harassment allegations

Fox News is cutting ties with Bill O’Reilly, the biggest star in its 20-year history, after mounting allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior prompted the network to end his program. “After a thorough and careful review of the allegations,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement, “the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.” Wednesday’s decision seemed unimaginable a few short weeks ago, given O’Reilly’s long reign as the top-rated host in cable news. But the climate shifted dramatically after The New York Times reported on April 1 that O’Reilly or Fox had paid $13 million to settle five cases against him alleging sexual or other harassment. More than 50 advertisers withdrew from his prime-time show, and 21st Century Fox asked a law firm to investigate a complaint from a woman who said O’Reilly dropped efforts to make her a contributor in 2013 after she turned down his invitation to visit his hotel room. O’Reilly said in a statement Wednesday: “It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.” O’Reilly, 67, had not previously commented on his status since leaving on vacation last week—he met Pope Francis Wednesday in a VIP line at the Vatican—but his lawyer issued a blistering statement Tuesday accusing his liberal opponents of a “smear campaign.” The statement said O’Reilly “has been subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America.”

Agreed..  At best, this was handled VERY poorly by the Murdoch family.  And, we suspect there will most definitely be a backlash against Fox News by Bill’s legion of fans, whom he didn’t even get to say goodbye to.  Wow..

Fox News Channel’s Brenda Buttner Passes Away

Brenda Buttner, host of Fox News Channel’s “Bulls and Bears,” has passed away at age 55 after a battle with cancer. Based in New York, she joined the network in 2000, after hosting CNBC’s “The Money Club” and serving as the network’s Washington correspondent. Buttner graduated with honors from Harvard University with a B.A. in social studies and went on to become a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University, where she graduated with high honors in politics and economics. Neil Cavuto offered a heartfelt tribute to Buttner on “Your World,” praising her intelligence, heart and sense of humor. “She took stock of life much more than any stock in life,” Cavuto said. “It’s what separated her from everyone else in this business. Not just dollars, you see, Brenda had depth.” “Let it be known that Brenda Buttner made us want to watch a business show with heart. Her heart, her spirit,” Cavuto said. “She democratized dollars and just made sense.” “Business journalism is never going to be the same. I just don’t know, now that she’s gone, whether we’ll ever be. Brenda Buttner, gone way too soon at 55.” Many of Buttner’s colleagues took to social media to say goodbye and share their condolences..

Very sorry to hear this!  And, how vey unexpected for those of us who didn’t know she was fighting cancer.  Brenda was a familiar, and friendly, face on Saturday mornings for well over a decade.  To see some Tweets and watch a touching video, click on the text above.  R.I.P., Brenda

Opinion: Why Megyn Kelly is leaving Fox News for NBC

Megyn Kelly offered a heartfelt tribute to Fox News and her viewers in explaining her “tough decision” to leave the network for NBC. At the close of Tuesday’s “Kelly File,” Kelly said she felt a “human connection” to her viewers and also treasures that “particularly when it comes to my children, who are 7, 5 and 3,” signaling that her nighttime schedule was a key factor in her decision. “I have grown up here and been given every chance a young reporter could ever ask for,” she said, praising Rupert Murdoch’s family for its kindness toward her. Her last show at Fox airs Friday. Kelly’s closing remarks came less than 12 hours after the surprise announcement that she will be giving up her prime-time role at Fox for a multi-year deal that includes several roles at NBC. She will launch a daytime program as well as a Sunday evening news magazine show, and be part of the network’s coverage of major political and breaking-news events. Murdoch, executive chairman of 21st Century Fox, said in a statement: “We thank Megyn Kelly for her 12 years of contributions to FOX News. We hope she enjoys tremendous success in her career and wish her and her family all the best.” Kelly told viewers she deeply admires the journalists at NBC, but also said she is “very grateful” to Fox for her 12-year career at the news channel. She expressed similar sentiments in a Facebook posting, singling out not just Murdoch but his sons, Lachlan and James, who led the discussions to keep her. The anchor made one wry reference to her critics, saying she even values those who “very rarely complain” about her on Twitter after a show or a presidential debate–an apparent reference to the Donald Trump supporters who turned on her during the campaign. Fox News fought hard to keep Kelly, who became a breakout star and whose 9 p.m. show was the second-highest rated in cable news, behind the “O’Reilly Factor.” Trump’s attacks on Kelly during the campaign helped turn her into an international celebrity and she was featured on the cover of the New York Times Magazine, Vanity Fair and other publications. She also just published a best-selling memoir, “Settle for More.” Kelly’s contract at Fox was not due to expire for another six months. Money did not appear to be the major factor in her decision; Kelly stood to make an eight-figure salary wherever she went. As she talked about her thinking, it became clear that a top priority was a schedule that would allow her to spend more time with her three young children rather than returning home after their bedtime.

And you have to respect that.  Megyn will do fine at NBC.  Hopefully Megyn will not forget the Fox News viewers and fans that made her millions.  She was an attorney.  Fox News made her a superstar.  As an aside, it’s been reported that Matt Lauer was apparently caught offguard by the hiring of Megyn, and wasn’t very happy about it.   Not that we really care..  But, it’s funny, if it’s true.  Personally, I’d like to see an expanded role for Shannon Bream over at Fox News.  She seems to be the go-to person to sub for all the prime time shows (other than Bill’s), and does as good, if not better, than the hosts she’s subbing for.  To read the rest of this op/ed by Howie Kurtz, click on the text above.

Fox News Surrounded at DNC Protests: ‘No Fox News, No KKK’

Thousands of leftist protesters began a march from City Hall through the streets of Philadelphia and black nationalist speakers screamed about race and Hillary Clinton until they noticed a Fox News producer in the street. The producer had a mic flag that clearly identified Fox News. The protesters quickly attempted to prevent the producer from obtaining footage and doing his job.

The producer was Fox News’ Griff Jenkins, who was getting harrassed by these obnoxious protestors trying to prevent him from reporting in Phily.  The irony in all this is that these losers don’t know just how foolish they’re making themselves out to be.  After all, the KKK was founded in 1865 by southern, former Confederate DEMOCRATS.  And, the KKK was almost exclusively made up of DEMOCRATS for the first 100 years of its existence.  Morons..