Entertainment

Barbra Streisand ‘thinking’ about moving to Canada if GOP wins the House

Barbra Streisand is once again thinking about leaving the United States for political reasons. In a Tuesday interview with The New York Times, the 76-year-old star admitted that she’s considering moving to Canada if the Democrats don’t win a majority in the House of Representatives in the midterm elections next week. “I want to sleep nights, if we take the House I’ll be able to sleep a little bit better,” Streisand told the outlet, adding that if they don’t take control she’s been “thinking about” a potential move. “I’ve been thinking about, do I want to move to Canada? I don’t know. I’m just so saddened by this thing happening to our country.” “It’s making me fat,” she continued. “I hear what he said now, and I have to go eat pancakes now, and pancakes are very fattening. We make them with healthy flour, though — almond flour, coconut flour.” Before the 2016 election, the singer-actress also spoke about emigrating because of Trump. “He has no facts. I don’t know, I can’t believe it. I’m either coming to your country [Australia], if you’ll let me in, or Canada,” she said according to The Hollywood Reporter. Last month, Streisand released her first album since 2005, “Walls,” which contains a track that directly speaks to President Trump and voices her distaste for what his administration is doing to America and the world at large. “I just went ballistic,” she told The Associated Press at the time. The track titled “Don’t Lie to Me” contains lyrics aimed at Trump such as: “How do you sleep when the world keeps turning?/All that we built has come undone/How do you sleep when the world is burning?/Everyone answers to someone.” “I just can’t stand what’s going on,” the Oscar, Grammy and Emmy winner continued. “His assault on our democracy, our institutions, our founders — I think we’re in a fight. … We’re in a war for the soul of America.”

Agreed, Babs.  That’s why we hope conservatives fair well next week, and the so-called “blue wave” doesn’t happen.  For crying out loud, just take your over $400 MILLION net worth (yeah, you read that correctly) you made in this evil, capitalistic country, and go to a more socialist country like Canada where you’ll get taxed more…and we won’t have to hear you whine about how awful life is here in America…you self-righteous, arrogant, entitlement-minded, liberal elitist.  What an obnoxious tool..

Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Sues Bandmates for Kicking Him Out of the Group

Lindsey Buckingham says he should still be paid his share of the tour proceeds because he’s ready and willing to perform with the band. Fleetwood Mac’s longtime lead guitarist Lindsey Buckingham is suing his former bandmates after being kicked off of the group’s new tour. In January, Buckingham was told by his manager that the rest of the band would be touring without him, and he says none of his bandmates would return his calls to explain why. Buckingham is suing Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and John McVie, claiming he should still be paid his share of tour revenues because he still wants and is able to perform with the group. Buckingham was with the band from 1975-1987 before leaving of his own volition to pursue a solo career, and rejoined the group in 1997, according to the complaint. He says there has never been a written band agreement and the group just agreed that each of the members had the right to veto any major decision and shared equally in the band’s ownership. “During the entire time Buckingham has been a member of Fleetwood Mac, the Band has conducted itself as a partnership with each of the participating members having veto rights over Band decision making and an equal share of the proceeds earned by Fleetwood Mac,” writes attorney Barry Mallen in the complaint. “The only exception to the unanimous consent rule within the Fleetwood Mac Partnership is that the writer(s) of the underlying musical composition of each Fleetwood Mac master recording has the unilateral right to approve or reject licenses to synchronize the Fleetwood Mac recordings embodying the applicable Partner’s musical composition with audiovisual works.” The singer-songwriter-guitarist says he was frustrated that the rest of the group wouldn’t push the start of the 2018 tour from August to November so he could release and promote a solo album, and that the band would only be playing three shows a week at Nicks’ request. So, he agreed to delay his album, but wanted to perform solo shows on off nights. Fleetwood Mac performed together on Jan. 26 at Radio City Music Hall, where the band was honored as the MusiCares Person of the Year, and a few days later Buckingham found out the band was going to tour without him. Buckingham says he would have been paid at least $12 million for his share of the tour proceeds, which the remaining bandmembers are now splitting. He is suing for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of oral contract, among other claims, and is asking the court for a declaration that because he is able and willing to perform on the tour and is being involuntarily excluded, he should still be paid his share of the revenue. Fleetwood Mac’s publicist Kristen Foster on Friday sent The Hollywood Reporter a statement in response to the complaint. “Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court,” she says. “The band has retained Dan Petrocelli to handle the case.”

Sorry to hear about this..  I saw the famous “The Dance” tour with everyone back in ’96, and it was phenomenal.  Hopefully, everyone can resolve this and they can tour again with Lindsey.  But, now that the lawsuit card has been played…probably not.  Oh well..  “Go your own way..”…

Woke Miss America Delivers All-Time Ratings Low

ABC’s broadcast of Sunday night’s Miss America pageant capped a ceremony rife with politicization, leading to an all-time low in TV ratings. The Wrap reports that Sunday night’s Miss America pageant was “down 36 percent in the key demo and off 19 percent among overall audience members” compared to last year. The abysmal broadcast ratings come as Sunday night’s competition featured no swimsuit competition as it did for decades. However, the competition did feature several political messages. During Thursday’s program, Miss Virginia Emili McPhail commented on NFL players kneeling during the national anthem, saying that it is “a right you have.” “But it’s also not about kneeling; it is absolutely about police brutality,” she also said. On Friday, Contestant Miss West Virginia Madeline Collins said that President Trump is “the biggest issue facing our country today.” “Unfortunately he has caused a lot of divide in our country, and until we can trust in him and the choices that he makes for our country, we cannot become united,” she said. This year’s winner was Nia Imani Franklin who was also Miss New York. Drama over bullying allegations and Gretchen Carlson, former Miss America and the chairwoman of the Miss America Organization, also made headlines over the summer. Carlson was accused of bullying behavior by Suzette Charles Charles accused Carlson of “bullying for a long time.” Miss America 2018 Cara Mund also accused Carlson of bullying, saying, “Our chair and CEO have systematically silenced me, reduced me, marginalized me, and essentially erased me in my role as Miss America in subtle and not-so-subtle ways on a daily basis.” Carlson responded at the time on Twitter with a statement denying the allegations.

Sunday’s abysmal tv ratings were expected.  The political correctness at the Miss America pageant has gone beyond over-the-top.  It used to be the question and answer phase of the competition was the stuff of SNL jokes, and spoofed in movies like Miss Congeniality.  “What do you pray for?”  “World peace.”  But, now, it’s just over-the-top pc, hate-Trump nonsense.  And, getting rid of the decades-old swimsuit competition?  Seriously?  Its a BEAUTY pageant for crying out loud!  Unreal..  Gretchen Carlson has been a disaster and should resign, or be let go…

Burt Reynolds Dies at 82

Burt Reynolds, the charismatic star of such films as Deliverance, The Longest Yard and Smokey and the Bandit who set out to have as much fun as possible on and off the screen — and wildly succeeded — has died. He was 82. Reynolds, who received an Oscar nomination when he portrayed porn director Jack Horner in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Boogie Nights (1997) and was the No. 1 box-office attraction for a five-year stretch starting in the late 1970s, died Thursday morning at Jupiter Medical Center in Florida, his manager, Erik Kritzer, told The Hollywood Reporter. Always with a wink, Reynolds shined in many action films (often doing his own stunts) and in such romantic comedies as Starting Over (1979) opposite Jill Clayburgh and Candice Bergen; The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982) with Dolly Parton; Best Friends (1982) with Goldie Hawn; and, quite aptly, The Man Who Loved Women (1983) with Julie Andrews. Though beloved by audiences for his brand of frivolous, good-ol’-boy fare, the playful Reynolds rarely was embraced by the critics. The first time he saw himself in Boogie Nights, he was so unhappy he fired his agent. (He went on to win a Golden Globe but lost out in the Oscar supporting actor race to Robin Williams for Good Will Hunting, a bitter disappointment for him.) “I didn’t open myself to new writers or risky parts because I wasn’t interested in challenging myself as an actor. I was interested in having a good time,” Reynolds recalled in his 2015 memoir, But Enough About Me. “As a result, I missed a lot of opportunities to show I could play serious roles. By the time I finally woke up and tried to get it right, nobody would give me a chance.” Still, Reynolds had nothing to apologize for. He was Hollywood’s top-grossing star every year from 1978 through 1982, equaling the longest stretch the business had seen since the days of Bing Crosby in the 1940s. In 1978, he had four movies playing in theaters at the same time. Reynolds’ career also is marked by the movies he didn’t make. Harrison Ford, Jack Nicholson and Bruce Willis surely were grateful after he turned down the roles of Han Solo, retired astronaut Garrett Breedlove and cop John McClane in Star Wars, Terms of Endearment and Die Hard, respectively. He often said that passing on James L. Brooks’ Endearment was one of his worst career mistakes. (Nicholson won an Oscar for playing Breedlove.)

Very sorry to hear of Burt’s passing..  For more, click on the text above.  Think I’ll watch Smokey and the Bandit tonight..  Thanks for the many laughs, Burt.  R.I.P.

NFL Ratings Could Be Headed for Another Steep Drop in 2018

The National Football League Could lose even more viewers during the coming 2018 season, in what may be another “brutal blitz” on the league’s ratings. According to Richard Morgan of the New York Post, the NFL is facing a growing list of troubles, all of which will likely result in fewer fans and lower TV ratings. Indeed, the past two seasons have seen millions quit their football habit. In 2016 TV ratings fell eight percent, and in 2017 they fell an additional ten percent. To that Morgan adds, “ratings could fall even faster as the league continues to grapple with a slew of ugly controversies that have turned off viewers.” Naturally one of the chief controversies is still swirling. After two full seasons of player protests during the national anthem, the issue is still alive and kicking. In fact, players already re-started their protests during this year’s pre-season games despite the league’s criticism of the protests. The league made an aborted effort to ban the protests but then pulled back in favor of meeting with the National Football League Players Association to work out a mutually agreeable solution to the protests. Yet, the two sides have failed to produce a compromise resolution, and the season is set to start on Thursday. Further, as Morgan notes, an arbitrator has ruled that Colin Kaepernick’s grievance against the league accusing the NFL of “colluding” to keep him out of professional football will go to court. In any case, the constant controversy over the anthem protests is not going away soon and that is driving fans away. However, as Morgan writes, the league has problems other than the protests. “Elsewhere, the NFL continues to be dogged by headlines over its concussion settlements with players, which crossed the $500 million mark this spring,” Morgan wrote. Though, there is another problem looming for the long-term health of the NFL: kids are not playing football. “According to research firm Statista, participation in tackle football among US kids ages 6 and older has plunged 38 percent since 2006,” Morgan notes..

And that’s just the beginning..

Crowder confronts Antifa activist who ‘wanted a piece’ of him: ‘Your wish is my command’

An Antifa activist known as “Slytherin” recently got more than he bargained for when his violent fantasy to meet CRTV’s Steven Crowder came true. Beer went flying through the air and a police report was filed in Dallas after the “Louder with Crowder” host tracked down the man whose online rhetoric includes “punching Nazis” and the desire to kill “every member of ICE.” Mr. Crowder and his crew originally planned to confront the man during a planned protest against white supremacy. The event was scrapped due to weather, but he was able to anonymously set up a meeting at a local beer garden. “Your wish is my command,” the comedian, dressed as a genie, said during the confrontation published Tuesday on YouTube. “S—! Go f— yourself, you piece of s—,” the man said while throwing his beer in Mr. Crowder’s face. Mr. Crowder then asked what, specifically, the Antifa activist meant when he wrote online: “Holy s—. I’ve wanted a piece of Crowder for a long time.” Other social media posts included a $500 offer to kill members of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. “Take it down. Take down the threats,” the conservative pundit said. “Take down the offers to pay people for killing other people and that will be it. But if not, we’re going to file this with the police. OK?” “Good,” the activist replied while scurrying off. “I’m sure they’re going to be thrilled to see killing ‘pigs,’ $500 a head for ICE. Come on, man. Here’s your chance. Everyone’s going to see this: future people hiring you, members of ICE, police officers,” Mr. Crowder countered. The host then provided viewers with evidence of a local police report: case number 58878395023. “As always our first choice is civil discourse, but if you cross the line into violence or if you call for the physical harm of others: I will find you, I will report you, I will confront you, and I will shame you,” Mr. Crowder concluded. The episode racked up over 380,000 views in less than 24 hours.

Hopefully there will be a LOT more..  People need to see this, and the kind of people Antifa really are..  Click on the text above to see a video of this confrontation.  Kudos to Steven for calling out this bed-wetting loser.  Outstanding!     🙂

“Top Gun” sequel filming aboard Norfolk-based aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln

The highway to the danger zone will run through Hampton Roads. The sequel to the 1986 blockbuster “Top Gun” is being filmed aboard the Norfolk-based USS Abraham Lincoln this week, according to the Navy. The original film inspired a generation of fighter pilots and served as a recruiting bonanza for the Navy. The much-anticipated sequel began shooting May 31, according to a photo on Tom Cruise’s Instagram account. The photo featured him in a flight suit near a fighter jet with the same helmet he wore in the original film and referenced an oft-quoted line from the original movie: “I feel the need, the need for speed.” The first day of shooting took place at Naval Air Station North Island in California, the Navy said. Few details about what the film will be about have been released, but Cruise revealed in an interview with “Access Hollywood” last year that it would be called “Top Gun: Maverick.” “Stylistically it’ll be the same,” Cruise said in the interview. “We’ll have big, fast machines. … It’s going to be a competition film like the first one and it’s going to be in the same vein, the same tone as the first one, but a progression for Maverick.” A 15-person crew from Paramount Pictures and Bruckheimer Films went aboard the Lincoln on Sunday and will remain through Saturday, said Naval Air Force Atlantic spokesman Cmdr. Dave Hecht. He said no actors are aboard and that the crew is shooting footage on the flight deck of air operations, which include F/A-18 Super Hornets from Virginia Beach-based Carrier Air Wing Seven taking off and landing as part of their carrier qualifications. “This opportunity is one of many aircraft carrier embarks planned pierside and at sea on both coasts coordinated by the Commander, Naval Air Forces,” Hecht said in an email from aboard the Lincoln. “Top Gun inspired countless men and women to volunteer to protect and defend our country as Naval aviators and the crew of USS Abraham Lincoln are excited to play a small role in bringing this story back to the silver screen and inspiring another generation to serve in the world’s finest Navy.”

Indeed…  The original Top Gun was a HUGE marketing coup for the Navy.  We expect this will have a similar effect.  For more, click on the text above.