Four men have admitted to offering homeless people in Los Angeles money and cigarettes in exchange for false and forged signatures on ballot petitions and voter registration forms, authorities said Wednesday. Richard Howard, 64, and Louis Thomas Wise, 37, pleaded no contest last week to one felony count each of subscribing a fictitious name, or the name of another to an initiative petition and registration of a fictitious person, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said. Christopher Joseph Williams, 41, and Nickey Demelvin Huntley, 45, each pleaded no contest to one felony count of circulating an initiative or petition containing false, forged or fictitious names. Four defendants — one of whom is still being sought by authorities — have yet to be sentenced, the district attorney’s office said. An office spokesperson declined to specify what group or organization the defendants were working with when they committed the alleged fraud. Prosecutors said the group solicited hundreds of false and forged signatures on state ballot petitions and voter registration forms in Los Angeles’s Skid Row neighborhood, a downtown area long plagued by homelessness. They allegedly offered individuals $1 and cigarettes for their participation in the scheme during the 2016 and 2018 election cycles. Howard was given a three-year suspended sentence and three years of formal probation. Wise received a suspended sentence of 16 months. Williams and Huntley were each given three years of formal probation. Another defendant, Norman Hall, 62, was sentenced in February to a year in jail, formal probation and 100 hours of community service.
Normally we avoid the crime beat reporting here at The Daily Buzz. But, for this story we’ll make an exception. After all, we are told all the time by Democrats that there is no voter fraud in this country. Soo.. when we see stories like this, we’ll be sure to post them here for you. 🙂
Several items that included a sledgehammer, pipe and a chain with a lock were found Thursday during the cleanup of downtown Portland, Ore., parks near where protests have raged for weeks, police officials said Thursday. The maintenance of Chapman and Lownsdale squares — which sit adjacent to one another — was conducted following a night of confrontation between authorities and protesters at the nearby Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse, the Portland Police Bureau said. Officers gave people inside 10 minutes to clear the area and no arrests were initially made at the time. Aside from the weapons, other items recovered at the parks included body armor, helmets, a shield and leaf blowers. “There were shocking amounts of refuse in the parks as well,” a police news release said. Police officers providing security for the cleanup arrested two people. Kristina Naranja Rivera, 34, faces disorderly conduct and criminal mischief charges and 25-year-old Camillo Massagli faces charges of criminal mischief, trespassing and interfering with a peace officer. On Wednesday night, several hundred people gathered outside the courthouse. A group that remained until later in the night wore gas masks and were seen carrying signs, hockey sticks, lacrosse sticks, umbrellas, leaf blowers and fireworks, police said. At one point, the building was targeted with bottles, gas canisters and other objects. In addition to the protest Wednesday night, the city experienced multiple shootings and reports of people being assaulted nearby by a group with a pellet gun. Two minors were taken into custody on suspicion for the assaults.
Wait. I’m SO confused! The mayor of Portland and the governor of Oregon (both liberal Democrats, of course) are telling us that it’s just “peaceful protests” going on there. How can this be? John Adams famously said, “facts are stubborn things.” Indeed. To see photos and more (proof) of this insanity going on in Portland, click on the text above. Then, remember what the liberal idiots at CNN (like Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon) and MSNBC, etc. calling what’s going on there, simply “peaceful protests,”…or they’re latest talking point; “mostly peaceful protests.” It’s no wonder more and more people are turning away from CNN and MSNBC. You can’t see what’s going on there, and then hear idiots like Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, and Joy Reid saying it’s all simply “peaceful protests” and somehow spin it to attack Trump for sending in federal marshals to protect the U.S. federal courthouse there….which was, of course, the right decision. The alternative was to allow the thugs in Portland to just burn it down. Total insanity.
Federal authorities in Portland have arrested 74 demonstrators and charged 60 with federal crimes, Department of Justice (DOJ) spokeswoman Kerri Kupec announced on Monday. The DOJ spokeswoman made the announcement on Monday, providing the number of federal arrests and charged cases “related to violent opportunists & civil unrest.” There have been 74 arrests in Portland alone, with 60 demonstrators facing charges. Nationwide, federal authorities have made 236 arrests, with 238 defendants charged: According to the DHS spokesperson, protesters have been equipped with “Molotov cocktails, Sledgehammers, Pipe bombs, Mortar fireworks, and Metal spikes”: The Portland Police Bureau has affirmed many of the tools listed, writing as recently as July 26 that downtown protesters were equipped with “gas masks, carried shields, hockey sticks, leaf blowers, flags, and umbrellas specifically to thwart police in crowd dispersal or attempt to conceal criminal acts.” Violent protests have continued.to ravage Portland, as countless videos show demonstrators vandalizing the federal courthouse, launching mortars toward the building, setting fires in the area, and targeting officers. Rioters reportedly hurled Molotov cocktails toward federal officers over the weekend as they moved to disperse the violent crowds. “As federal officers left the courthouse to respond to attacks on the fence last night, just like on other nights, rioters responded with hard projectiles, mortar style fireworks and lasers that can cause permanent blindness,” the DHS’s July 27 readout detailing the chaos in Portland read. The readout affirmed that a Molotov cocktail “was thrown over the fence” shortly after midnight: Portland Police also announced the discovery of a bag filled with ammunition and Molotov cocktails near Lownsdale Square Park early Monday morning: Portland Police have been relatively hands-off in quelling the unrest following the addition of federal agents and the City Council’s move to bar the department from assisting federal law enforcement. Protesters, however, have continued to assault authorities, hurling various projectiles night after night and shining lasers into the eyes of officers. “You’ve seen the green lasers that are being used out there. We have three officers who currently have eye injuries, and they may not recover sight in those eyes from those laser attacks,” Federal Protective Service (FPS) Deputy Director of Operations Richard announced last week.
For more on what’s happening in Portland, click on the text above. Hopefully this nonsense isn’t in your town or city. Kudos to the U.S. Dept. of Justice (DOJ) for stepping in and stepping up, since Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) has not only abdicated his duties to protect his city and it’s citizens….he’s actually been siding with the thugs and riotiers destroying that city. Unreal..
An Ohio man who was out on parole has been thrown in jail and awaits new felony charges after a photo circulated on social media showing him posing with his knee to the neck of a crying, White 2-year-old boy alongside a message referencing Black Lives Matter. The Clark County Sheriff’s Office first became aware of the photo circulating social media on Tuesday and appears to be a direct reference to the former Minnesota cop, Derek Chauvin, who leaned on the neck of George Floyd before he died, sparking months of protests and unrest across the U.S. The photo shows a man, who has since been identified as 20-year-old Isaiah Jackson, with his knee on the neck of a crying white toddler who is only wearing a diaper. Another person holds the child’s hands behind his back. The banner across the photo read: “Blm now mf.” Patrol units were able to determine the location where the incident took place and made contact with both the mother and the child, as well as the male subject seen kneeling in the image, the Clark County Sheriff’s Office said in an update on Facebook Thursday. The relationship between Jackson and the child’s mother is unknown. Jackson, a parole authority holder from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, was taken into custody and remains incarcerated in the Clark County Jail. He is waiting for the county prosecutor “to provide a determination on the scope and breadth of the felony charges that will be supported by that office for presentation in court,” according to the sheriff’s office. The child, who has not been identified by authorities, was taken to a local hospital for examination, where he was found to have no injuries related to the incident. The sheriff’s office said the mother, who also has not been identified, told deputies that “she was unaware of the photo having been taken, or its contents, until she had been informed by other parties while the Sheriff’s Office was enroute to her home to begin the investigation into this incident.” The investigation is ongoing. Meanwhile, an Atlanta-area high school special education teacher is under fire for purportedly commenting beneath the same photo once it made its way to Facebook further encouraging the violence against the white child. According to WGCL-TV, Cedar Grove High School Interrelated Teacher Brian Papin commented beneath the photo, writing: “Again! Your [sic] doing it wrong! One knee on the center of the back one one [sic] the neck and lean into it until death! You saw the video! Get it right or stop f***ing around!” DeKalb County School District said on Facebook Thursday that it “is aware of the disturbing social media post associated with a district teacher. We are currently investigating the situation. DCSD is committed to the safety and well-being of our children, and there is no place for racism in our school district.”
And racism goes BOTH ways; NOT one-way. This is probably the most disgusting story I’ve seen in a very long time. And, it’s a story you won’t see on CNN or MSNBC, because it undermines their racial narraative. Just fathom if that had been a white guy doing this to a black toddler. Our country would be over. But, this happened, and NOBODY is covering it. Where are White Lives Matter signs and such? The racial hypocrisy is breathtaking. If this guy did this, he should go to prison for life. Unreal…
A four-time deported illegal alien, previously convicted of child sexual abuse, has been arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents in Utah. Roberto Montes-Lopez, a 37-year-old illegal alien from Mexico, was arrested by ICE agents on July 2 after he was released from the Weber County Jail in Utah. Montes-Lopez had been serving a prison sentence for second-degree felony child sexual abuse. In June 2015, after returning illegally to the U.S. for the fifth time, Montes-Lopez was convicted and sentenced to no more than 15 years in prison for the child sex crimes. Montes-Lopez has a criminal record dating back to 2004. “Law enforcement’s common goal is to keep communities safe and keep dangerous predators off the streets,” ICE official Sylvester Ortega said in a statement. “The arrest of a criminal alien like Montes-Lopez, whose criminal history spans nearly two decades, demonstrates why cooperation is so important between agencies,” Ortega said. “These partnerships will continue to protect the community from criminal illegal aliens that hurt the citizens of this country.” Between 2004 and 2011, Montes-Lopez was deported four times from the U.S. In January 2012, Montes-Lopez was prosecuted for felony illegal re-entry. Montes-Lopez’s rap sheet also includes: 2005 conviction for drug possession and distribution 2011 convictions for use of a firearm by a restricted person 2015 convictions for money laundering and drunk driving 2020 conviction for possession and distribution of heroin ICE officials say Montes-Lopez will remain in custody until he is deported for the fifth time.
As a rule of thumb, we tend to avoid the crime beat stories here at The Daily Buzz. But, given Joe Biden’s new platform to just open our borders to illegal aliens and all, we’ll make an exception here. This story shows the importance of clamping down on illegal immigration and criminal aliens. We need to rid our communities of people like this worthless waste of space. Major kudos to ICE for nabbing this loser. Hopefully, once he’s deported for the fifth time, he won’t be able to get back in.
A career criminal with more than 100 arrests to his name was busted for cruelly shoving a 92-year-old woman into a Manhattan fire hydrant — leaving his victim too scared to walk alone in her own neighborhood. The injured elder, a Bronx native named Geraldine, spoke to The Post on Tuesday after cops arrested convicted sex offender Rashid Brimmage, 31, and charged him with attacking her. “I thought a brick hit me or something hit me on the left side of my head, and I went right down and hit my head against the hydrant,” Geraldine, who asked that her last name be withheld for safety reasons, said of the attack. “Blood was coming out, not spurting blood, but blood was dripping.” Geraldine, who has lived in Manhattan for more than 50 years, was on her way to Duane Reade when Brimmage allegedly shoved her to the ground near Third Avenue and East 16th Street in Gramercy Park at about 3:30 p.m. Friday. She slammed against the fire hydrant and lay on the ground until a passerby called 911 and medics rushed her to nearby Beth Israel Hospital. The former teacher, who never married but is dating an 89-year-old lawyer, said her physical wounds were relatively minor and have since healed — but the mental toll has been much more severe. “Mostly I’m shaken. My head still hurts where it was bleeding, where I hit the hydrant — or where he hit me, I don’t know,” she said. “Mainly it’s psychological — just the fear of going out on the street,” she added. “This damned guy put me in a state where I’m fearful to walk the streets alone. So my super’s trying to find somebody who will walk me to a park nearby or to the supermarket, that kind of thing. So that’s the problem.” Brimmage was busted by cops Tuesday and charged with assault after investigators recognized him from video footage of the attack, authorities said. The frequent offender has now been arrested 103 times since 2005 for petty crimes and sex offenses, sources said. The creep was convicted of sexual misconduct in 2012, then arrested for two sex offenses in 2014, police sources said. In May of that year, he was busted for exposing and fondling himself on an East Harlem street, the sources said. Just months later, in July, he was arrested for grabbing a woman’s behind at a Third Avenue deli. In 2017, he failed to notify authorities that he changed his address and had to register as a sex offender, state records show. At the time of Friday’s attack, Brimmage had three open criminal cases in the city, according to court records. He was arrested Feb. 17 for a misdemeanor assault and harassment charge for an incident that happened in The Bronx a week earlier, according to records. He was released without bail in the case. He was busted in the borough again March 5 and slapped with a trespassing summons, according to court records. And most recently, he was arrested March 9 in Manhattan and hit with criminal possession of a controlled substance, assault and attempted assault charges. He was given a desk appearance ticket for the bust and ordered to return to court at the end of July.
How on earth is this piece of garbage still walking the streets?!?!? He’s been arrested 103 times!!! What the heck is wrong with NYC? Oh, that’s right.. Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) and Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)…nuff said. What a couple of wimpy losers. We say, throw him in a damp cell and throw away the key. Just fathom if the races had been reversed and this had been a young white guy doing this to an elderly black woman. Omg.. The rioting would start ALL over again.. and tenfold. Of course, one of the things we do here at The Daily Buzz is highlight the brazen hypocrisy and double standard of the dominantly liberal mainstream media. With that in mind, its interesting that this story is not receiving much press in that liberal mainstream media.. And, NOBODY is mentioning the racial makeup of the two individuals. So, we took the liberty to edit the subject line, because we felt you should know. You’re welcome. To see the stomach-wrenching video of this event, click on the text above. Apparently ONLY “black lives matter.”