Georgetown student group targeted as ‘hate group’ for Catholic beliefs, could be sanctioned

A Catholic student group at Georgetown University could be stripped of its funding for its belief in traditional marriage. Love Saxa, a group that advocates for marriage between a man and a woman, is under fire from LGBTQ groups on campus, PRIDE and Queer People of Color, according to The Hoya, Georgetown’s student publication. A pro-choice student senator filed a notice on September 25, arguing Love Saxa’s definition of marriage and relationships violates university standards by fostering hatred or intolerance. The notice, which would identify Love Saxa as a hate group, could strip Love Saxa of its funding and bar it from using campus facilities. The group receives $250 a year from Georgetown, which is the country’s oldest Catholic university. Love Saxa petitioned for a delay because it was not given enough time to defend itself and had not seen the notice, according to the Catholic News Agency. A hearing, originally set for Monday, is now scheduled for Oct. 30. The controversy began last month, when the president of Love Saxa, Amelia Irvine, published an op-ed titled “Confessions of a College Virgin” in The Hoya, talking about abstinence before marriage and the group’s definition of marriage. “Love Saxa’s definition of marriage does not include same-sex couples, as we believe that marriage is a conjugal union on every level – emotional, spiritual, physical and mental – directed toward caring for biological children. To us, marriage is much more than commitment of love between two consenting adults.” The student newspaper then targeted Love Saxa in an editorial titled “Defund Intolerance.” “Love Saxa does not deserve the benefit of university recognition” and “should be ineligible for any university benefits,” The Hoya wrote, claiming the group’s “mission advocates against equal rights for the LGBTQ community” and “fosters intolerance.” Love Saxa put out a statement condemning the Hoya’s actions as “intolerant of the values and beliefs” of Georgetown.

The pc police, speech nazis, and gay mafia have struck again!  This time at Georgetown Univ.; a Catholic university, no less.  These tools attacking Love Saxa are probably too stupid to understand the irony and hypocrisy of their position.  It is THEY who are “intolerant” of a group with which they disagree.  Like all self-righteous, entitlement-minded, hypocritical liberal fascists, they’re all for free speech…unless it’s speech they don’t agree with.  They’re all for “pride,” unless its pride for a position or set of values they don’t agree with.  Then, they attack and call you a “hate group.”  Here at The Daily Buzz we wholeheartedly support Love Saxa and it’s right to exist right alongside the other groups at Georgetown.  If anything, Love Saxa’s mission statement and values probably are more in alignment with Georgetown Univeristy’s, as well as the Catholic church the school is affiliated with, than these other groups.   Just sayin…